To be eligible, an Alberta enterprise, cooperative or non-profit group should meet the entire following standards.
- Be one of many following authorized entities as of February 29, 2020, or October 31, 2020 (new organizations solely):
- company registered below the Enterprise Companies Act (Alberta)
- partnership registered below the Partnership Act (Alberta)
- sole proprietor with a commerce title registered below the Partnership Act (Alberta)
- unregistered sole proprietor with enough documentation to reveal the existence of the group’s operations
- company integrated below a particular act or a personal act of the Alberta legislature
- non-profit registered below a particular act or a personal act of the Alberta legislature
- non-profit registered below half 9 of the Corporations Act (Alberta)
- society registered below the Societies Act (Alberta) or Agricultural Societies Act (Alberta)
- cooperative registered below the Cooperatives Act (Alberta)
- Keep a everlasting institution (as outlined in Appendix I of the Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant program tips) in Alberta and be established (and in good standing) with the necessities of the relevant laws.
- Be carrying on enterprise/operations or had been eligible to hold on enterprise/operations in Alberta on February 29, 2020 or October 31, 2020 (new organizations solely).
- Have lower than 500 workers (full time, part-time and contract mixed):
- Seasonal companies might use the variety of workers from the 12 months previous to when the COVID-19 public well being orders had been launched, or the typical variety of workers over the three years previous to the COVID-19 public well being orders launched.
- Have been ordered to briefly shut or curtail operations by a COVID-19 public well being order. See COVID-19 orders and laws for extra info.
- Have skilled a discount in income of not less than 30% because of the COVID-19 public well being orders.
- Current organizations in operation as of February 29, 2020 should reveal a income discount in April or Might 2020 compared to April 2019, Might 2019 or February 2020.
- New organizations that commenced operations between March 1, 2020 and October 31, 2020, should reveal a income discount of not less than 30% in November or December 2020 compared to any month between March and October 2020.
- Seasonal companies that solely function for a part of the 12 months might use their common month-to-month gross sales income for the total months they had been in operation throughout 2019.
- Are open or plan to reopen as public well being orders are lifted by Alberta’s phased relaunch.
- Might have acquired funds, grants, or quantities straight from the next help packages:
- Alberta Staff’ Compensation Board premium reduction
- Enterprise Credit score Availability Program (BCAP)
- Canada Emergency Enterprise Account (CEBA)
- Western Diversification Regional Aid and Restoration Fund
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Canada Emergency Business Lease Help (CECRA)
- Canada Emergency Lease Subsidy (CERS) together with each base subsidy and lock-down help
- Canada Emergency Response Profit (CERB)/Canada Restoration Profit (CRB)
- Canada United Small Enterprise Aid Fund (CUSBRF)
- Canada Emergency Care Profit
- Authorities of Alberta Emergency Isolation Assist
- Authorities of Alberta grant reduction funding for the kid care sector
- Authorities of Alberta Early Studying and Baby Care pilot program
- Aid funding from municipalities
If another funds, grants or quantities had been acquired from federal or provincial authorities sources or from insurance coverage to switch or compensate for the lack of income (apart from the sources listed above), your group just isn’t eligible to use.
To be eligible for the second cost organizations will need to have been required to curtail operations by the general public well being orders in impact from November 6, 2020 and later.
Organizations with a number of Alberta everlasting bodily institutions which have seen income discount are eligible to use for funding for every institution. This contains situations the place a corporation has a couple of location/chapter/department that has seen income discount of not less than 30% as a result of COVID-19 public well being orders.
Candidates will probably be required to submit separate functions for every location/chapter/department, and test the suitable field within the software kind.